Sometimes, we just want a treat, am I right?
But for us, we NEED it to be healthy. And when I say healthy, I mean low- or anti-inflammatory. We have issues we're working through and keeping managed in the Orem household! So here is my modified, healthier dessert hummus I created from a recipe I Googled earlier. Enjoy!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (even better if you soak your own from dried!)
- 1/3 cup organic stevia
- 1/2 cup natural organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons organic tahini
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Lilly's dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a food processor.
- Process on puree for about 1 minute, stopping halfway to scrape the edges, until hummus is nice and smooth. If you want a thinner hummus, add a splash of milk and process again.
- Transfer hummus to an airtight container, fold in the chocolate chips, and chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours (overnight works best).
- Serve with crackers or as desired, preferably with a spoon! :)
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. All things I love and use, of course!